The moment I found the lump in my breast, I just knew….I knew the lump was cancer, that fucking sneaky ass bastard, stepped right in and began weaving it’s cancerous cells throughout my breast.
Bitch, you are grounded! Get in that fucking corner and don’t get out.
I learned I have cancer diagnosis five days ago.
I learned I would be losing my breasts four days ago.
This is what I’ve learned in the past five days :
My cancer has a name. It’s Stupid Fucking Asshole, or in medical terms it’s Invasive Ductile Cancer.
- I know breast cancer is the most common of the cancers.
- I know it’s treatable, with little to no occurrence.
- I know I will kick those five tumors asses so hard.
- I know my husband and family are holding my hand the entire journey.
- I know my breasts will be removed before Christmas as the tumors are growing rapidly.
- Radiation will follow as well as 5-10 years of tamoxifen & possible chemo.
Not only am I concerned for the very near future, I am concerned for the bills that will begin to mount. Bad boob be gone. Cancer boob, get the fuck outta here. Medically and scientifically, I’m sure I’ll recover to live a relative normal life. Though those who know me, know I am not normal.
Because, guess what kids? This chick has no insurance. Ludicrous you say. Unbelievable you may say. Truth I say. I am fortunate in the fact that I found a phenomenal breast disease surgeon, Dr. Lisa Tolnitch, MD, FACS. She has agreed to perform my cancer removal, free of charge. A charity case if you will. I hate the term, I do, but fuckit. The relief that flooded my heart was overwhelming. I will literally owe my healthy life to Dr. Tolnitch. At a harrowing time such as this, it’s a great relief to know there are kind souls, willing and able souls to help those.
Obligatory funding link insertion here.
Bad boob be gone. Cancer boob, get the fuck outta here.